Private Psychiatrist Fees
- Initial ADHD Pre-screening is free to establish your suitability for the full assessment: school reports, completion of online ADHD screening, & Pre-assessment forms.
- Face-to-face or Online video consultation including Adult Functioning Interview (AFI) & Diagnostic Interview for ADHD in Adults (DIVA-5) within 3 months costs £800.
- Out-of-hours private assessment within a month is also available for £1050 or within a week for £1300 if it is urgent; after receiving your completed Pre-assessment and screening forms. Subject to positive screening and availability.
- Initiation of medication after assessment (unless you are experiencing moderate to severe hypertension, symptomatic cardiovascular disease or hyperthyroidism) & stabilisation of appropriate medication for Adult ADHD over 3 months, if needed.
- 3 x monthly private controlled drug (CD) prescriptions for medication are included; the private medication will have to be paid for at a pharmacy.
- 2 x specialist Follow-up reviews after three weeks and seven weeks on medication are included to monitor and support your recovery.
- Email support and advice throughout the recovery process and monitoring of pulse, blood pressure, and weight for 3 months.
- Adult ADHD non-medical management self-help leaflets focusing on effective psychosocial interventions.
- If your GP agrees to prescribe your Adult ADHD medication on the NHS after a private specialist assessment, we can provide a Comprehensive Medical Report (£200) and a Shared Care Agreement (£50) with your GP if needed. Please check with your GP first.
Initial Mental Health Assessment (1 hour), Diagnosis, & Treatment Plan - out-of-hours consultations only: £265 - £375
- £265 within a month; £320 within 2 weeks; £375 within a week if it is urgent; after receiving your completed Pre-assessment form. Subject to availability.
- Private Face to face, Online video (telemedicine), Telephone, or Email consultation with the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Discussion of most likely Diagnosis if applicable and specialist treatment recommendations based on the holistic biopsychosocial model; please note a Medical Report (£200) to the GP can be prepared on request.
- Evidence-based mental health self-help leaflets provided after private consultation promoting effective psychosocial interventions.
Private Prescription for 1 Month (after Mental Health Assessment): £40 (£50 for Controlled Drugs)
Comprehensive Medical Report (after Mental Health Assessment or Adult ADHD Assessment): £200
Shared Care Agreement with your GP (after Adult ADHD Assessment): £50
- can be arranged for NHS prescribing of medication for ongoing Adult ADHD treatment once stabilised. Subject to continued private reviews at 3, 6 and 12 months.
Brief Medical Letter (after Follow-up Consultation): £60
- With Specialist Treatment recommendations.
Medical Reports for the Courts, Solicitors, Occupational Health Departments, private companies and patients: £250 per hour
Medical Follow-up, Psychotherapy Consultation, & Specialist Advice - out-of-hours consultations only: £60 - £375
- 1 hour: £265 within a month; £320 within 2 weeks; £375 within a week if it is urgent
- 30 minutes: £130 within a month; £155 within 2 weeks; £185 within a week if it is urgent
- 15 minutes: £60 within a month; £75 within 2 weeks; £90 within a week if it is urgent
- Face-to-face, or by online video via Zoom, MS Teams, Whats App, Skype, Apple FaceTime, Telephone, or Email.
Private Prescription for 1 Month (after Mental Health Assessment): £50 + £135 (10g of flower) or £199 (50mls of oil)
- £199 pays for the supply and home delivery of high-quality Medical Cannabis oil (50mls) directly from the pharmaceutical company. Flower is also available at £135 for 10g. The daily dose can vary between 0.5 to 2ml oil or 0.5 to 1g flower per day depending on tolerability, efficacy, and clinical need.
- Some patients may be suitable research candidates for Project Twenty21; if you meet the eligibility criteria and consent to being a research subject, the monthly cost would be significantly discounted; you would need to complete brief baseline questionnaires, and then every three months to monitor your progress.
Please note that a non-refundable 10% Booking fee applies to secure a private appointment. All private patient fees need to be paid in advance. Payment can be made by BACS transfer or by PayPal (credit card) to IamPsychiatry. Cash payments are also accepted.
Cancellations with less than 48 hours notice or non-attendance will incur full payment of the fee for the Medical consultation.